CERN doctoral student program is one of the widely awaiting Ph.D. programs among international students. CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear Research; physicists and engineers study the universe’s fundamental structure. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the building blocks of matter: fundamental particles designed to collide at nearly the speed of light.
CERN DOCTORAL STUDENT Program 2023
CERN offers a CERN doctoral student program in 2023 for postgraduate students to prepare for a doctoral degree in a technical field for member countries. Besides CERN, it would be interesting to know what kind of Scholarships Italian Universities are having.
This CERN Ph.D. program allows you to work on your thesis while at the cutting edge of science for six to 36 months. This program provides various CERN Ph.D. positions open to all engineering, materials science, mathematics, and applied physics students. Students of particle physics are not eligible for Ph.D. at CERN. Visit the links that give you some examples of currently available doctoral projects.
If any of these interest you, please include them in the “note to hiring manager” text box when completing your CERN Ph.D. application. Please note that this is not mandatory and does not guarantee that these projects are the ones you have been selected for: you may be selected for another project that matches your profile. Being said that, you should also be looking at the Malaysian International Scholarships
To be eligible for CERN doctoral student program 2023, you must meet the following conditions:
- You have to be a national of a member state or an associate member state. You can see which countries are covered in this membership from this link: Member State or Associate Member of CERN.
- You have started or are about to start a doctoral program at a university.
- Your work project at CERN is all or part of the dissertation work required to complete your doctorate. The awarding of the diploma remains the responsibility of your university. The university’s thesis director and the CERN director discuss the academic modalities.
- You have a good knowledge of English or French.
Read More: Latest CERN Visa Sponsorship Jobs
You need the following documents to complete your CERN Ph.D. application.
- You will need a well-written resume because this is a Ph.D. program. It helps the university examine applicants’ qualifications and determine if they are appropriate for a specific program.
- Your most current transcript includes a grade summary; if you downloaded it from your university site, make sure it is unencrypted so that they are able to review it.
- It is necessary to submit a recommendation letter from your college professor or you may add it as a second letter if you have any previous internship letter.
You can download the application form for CERN doctoral program 2023 from Careers.CERN.
You can upload the referral letter from yourself while submitting your CERN Ph.D. application or via the link you will receive shortly after submitting your application.
During your CERN doctoral program studies, you will get the following benefits,
- An association contract (which includes the University’s statutes, rules, regulations, and policies). It is initially valid for six months and is also extendable to 3 years.
- You can spend time at your university for up to 12 months as a special unpaid leave for the whole duration of up to 36 months.
- You will get an allowance of 3,818 Swiss francs per month (excluding taxes).
- You will be compensated for your travel expenses.
- Depending on your situation, you will get a surcharge if you are married or have children.
- You will be covered by CERN all-risk health insurance and the contribution of CERN all-risk health insurance will automatically be deducted from your allowance.
- You can avail 2.5 days of paid leaves per month.
Please note that the maximum contract duration of 3 years should not be interpreted as imposing the time frame within which students are expected to complete their Ph.D.
Please also note that CERN cannot contribute to costs related to your university or reimburse tuition fees. If you want a fully funded program then you might need to look at this full ride USA scholarship program
Your application and all supporting documents must be submitted to them before 31 July 2023 on their online application portal. Please note that your CERN doctoral student program 2023 application may also be shared with a panel of CERN experts for review during the process. They may contact you for a telephone/video interview or to obtain additional information during this time. The selection process results will be announced no later than 31 October.